10.18.2010

i am His beloved.

on a recent trip a co-worker said to me, "neither i nor God tolerate you".

...

this statement took me multiple moments to digest. his words were in response to my profuse apologizing for why i'm prone to a certain behavior: an unnecessary rationalization driven largely by my silly insecurity.

it's been almost two weeks since he said these words and they are still simmering in my soul. they are branding my heart and mind, filling me with gratitude and unmerited comfort.

i did nothing, not a single thing, to merit His adoration. yet i know He overflows with it for me... and for you.

and so i want to close with this: you... (i'm gonna say it again) YOU are not merely tolerated by God.

ephesians 2:4-5 tells us it's "because of His great love with which He loved us, even though we were dead in transgressions, He made us alive together with Christ--by grace you are saved"!!!

praise the Lord that we are not tolerated by God. praise the Lord that because of His great love and affection for us, He has drenched with glory and righteousness. we are His beloved.



oh Jesus, saturate us; saturate us until we are no more.
all praise, honor and adoration belong to Thee alone.
Holy is the Lord of Hosts and King of Kings upon His throne!