10.23.2010

forecasted thunderstorms.

today is saturday, october twenty-third and afternoon thunderstorms are forecasted.

i could not be more excited.

after what was one of the most exhausting weeks i've had yet at my new job, i can't think of a better way to spend this saturday than with my hair in a messy ponytail, wearing a large, loose t-shirt, re-piling piles and cleaning my room. while the rain falls i can ask questions like:


::why exactly did i hold onto that concert stub? when was the last time i washed my sheets? is it time to vacuum? {the answer to that is a resounding yes; i'm a girl and therefore prone to shedding. it happens guys, deal.}::


which has me thinking... when metaphorical thunderstorms are rolling in, do i retreat to evaluate what needs a bit of reorganizing and perhaps cleaning? or do i wallow in the circumstances?


::why exactly did i hold onto that foolish comfort? when was the last time i washed my mind in Truth? is it time to examine the condition of my foundation? {the answer to that is always a resounding yes; i'm a human and therefore prone to making foundations on shifty sand rather than the steadfast Rock}::


my Rabbi taught that storms will come.


and when storms come i see what my foundation truly is. He taught that a wise person will heed His words and when storms produce ripples in the waters of their heart and rustle the limbs of their mind, they can rest in that their Foundation and Fortress will prove strong. it's in these storms that a person can retreat to home-base, nuzzle down and see what is their true refuge and whether it not it is sustainable.

so because of the forecasted thunderstorms for this october afternoon i'm reminded that my Rabbi has forecasted storms that are coming in life. they will come. the wind will blow, the waters will rise. but He has also promised that if i keep the Way as my way, i won't be shaken. instead of the rains eroding me, they will be a refreshment to my heart and a cleanser to my mind because they will remind me of Who my Fortress and Foundation is.


okay, time to go clean my room...